Monday, January 24, 2011

911=066

I was trying to make a call to the United States using a phone card that my parents got me for Christmas. I had never used a landline in Mexico before so I just started dialing the numbers on the phone card. The first three numbers happen to be "066"which also happens to be the number for an emergency in Mexico. So this woman picks up and asks the nature of my emergency...what do I do? I hang up the phone. I didn't even realize that I had called an emergency number!

So about 5 minutes later someone calls the phone back and asks if I'm alright, and if me or anyone else in my presence needs medical attention. Then she says if I don't answer in the next minute then she is sending police, fire, and medical personnel to my aid.

No further explanation needed. I learn more and more in Mexico everyday :)

Hasta Luego,
Chris

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome sir. I always wondered if 911 was international apparently it is not.

    ReplyDelete