Saturday, May 7, 2011

Weird feelings these days....

So I guess I really came to realize today that I'm truly going home in 4 days. I mean I always knew when I was leaving, and have had a flight booked since March. However, now that the time has come it seems to surreal. I have been feeling really strange these past couple weeks. Actually, I have been feeling a lot like I did right before I left to come to Mexico at the beginning of January. I'm anxious, scared, nervous, happy, excited, and sick to my stomach.

Some might be wondering why I feel so "nervous" and "anxious" to come home? I think that my good friend Paige put it perfectly today while having lunch. She said, "its weird because the only people that will ever understand this entire journey for the past five months are the 11 of us that are here now." Its so true. I never thought of it like that. I never realized that when I tell a story, or have moments where I miss Mexico the only ones that will fully understand everything are the people who were here with me. I think that is what kind of makes me nervous. I have been here for five months, and have had so many amazing experiences, but those back home have been living their lives normally. However, for me coming back home is a new beginning. Although its a familiar sight for me to see its one that I haven't seen for many months now. The culture I will be going back into for me is considered strange and unordinary.

Despite this all I'm excited to return, and have so much to look forward to. I just never expected to be feeling this way as I prepared to come BACK to the U.S. :)

Hasta Luego

No comments:

Post a Comment