Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fiestas y Partidos de fútbol

This past weekend some co-workers from my internship took my friends and I to a soccer game in the city. This was my first ever professional soccer game, and it was a ton of fun. It was a huge stadium with lots of street vendors selling jerseys, food, souvenirs, beer, etc. The best part is that Puebla won 1-0!!! Just another example of some amazing Mexicans I have met here, and how they are so willing to go the extra mile especially for people not from their own country.

I logged onto Facebook tonight to of course creep on people and gain some access to the world outside of Mexico and noticed something. As I sorted through my event invitations I realized that at least three of them are for birthday parties in Mexico. About an hour before Face-booking I saw two Mexicans on campus who invited me to two different birthday parties. Of course these social events aren't your typical "piñata y pastel" events, but rather "big kid" fiestas...at the clubs and bars. Its funny because I seriously just feel like its ALWAYS someone's birthday in Mexico. When it is somebody's birthday they don't celebrate quietly...they go all out! O well, I officially enjoy celebrating birthday's!!




No comments:

Post a Comment