Friday, February 11, 2011

PDA/Forgetfulness

Two topics to discuss today:
1) PDA
2) Forgetfulness

So I noticed today as I received an email telling me that I need to pay my car insurance that I do in fact own a  car. In what I refer to as my "past life" I purchased a car, and continue to pay for it while I'm in Mexico. This is just one of many things that I have forgotten about. I find many things in Mexico reminding me of things back home that I have forgotten about. I always think of my family, friends, girlfriend and other important people in my life, but since I have been here small aspects of my life have begun to be forgotten. Its a strange thing. I'm not sure if it comes with aging, or the change of environment, or a combination of both. Its just strange and a little scary to think that I can't remember certain English words at some points, and therefore when I speak I sound like a stupid person. Its funny because I was joking with Paige and Emily the other day that my Spanish isn't perfect yet, but as my Spanish becomes more perfected, my English gets worse. O well, I guess my brain can only truly handle one language!

Secondly, as Valentines Day approaches I can't help but to laugh. This day reminds me of a topic I have been wanting to blog about for a while: PDA in Mexico. There are three words to describe this topic: out of control (in Spanish fuera de control). Honestly, I can't walk around campus, or down the street 50 feet without having to endure watching PDA. The PDA here is different than in the U.S. In the U.S. couples will kiss, hug, or maybe make-out in public. In Mexico, they do the preceding with motions. At some points I just want to go up to some people and tell them that they might as well just not be wearing clothes at all! Out. of. control. 


No comments:

Post a Comment